[rspec-users] Error when trying to get the install RSpec from Github

Doug Livesey lists at ruby-forum.com
Fri May 23 06:17:12 EDT 2008

Hi -- I've tried to get the latest RSpec by following the instructions
at:
  http://github.com/dchelimsky/rspec/wikis/home

I clone the repository just fine, but then, when I 'rake gem', I get the
following errors:

<OUTPUT>

svn: '..' is not a working copy
svn: Can't open file '../.svn/entries': No such file or directory
tar: rspec-rails-1.1.3: Cannot stat: No such file or directory
svn: '..' is not a working copy
svn: Can't open file '../.svn/entries': No such file or directory
tar: RSpec.tmbundle: Cannot stat: No such file or directory

</OUTPUT>

Can anyone advise me on how to get around this?
Cheers,
   Doug.