[rspec-users] running rspec on 1.2.3 ??

Larry Kluger rspec at kluger.com
Wed May 21 11:01:16 EDT 2008

Hi David,

Thank you for your response.

Got it working:

The rspec_on_rails was not being loaded because it appeared in the line
config.plugins -= %W( query_trace ... }  # plugins that should NOT be loaded

in the file config/environments/test.rb

Fix: check that both rspec and rspec_on_rails plugins are being loaded in test.rb environment file.

Some details:
A confusing bit is that it appears that the rspec load path is being added by the rspec runner. So even though the rspec plugin was ALSO NOT being initialized by RoR, the problem was occurring with rspec_on_rails.