[rspec-users] running rspec on 1.2.3 ??

Larry Kluger rspec at kluger.com
Wed May 21 00:26:30 EDT 2008

Anyone know how to run rspec on 1.2.3?

It fails out of the box....

I newly downloaded rspec, rspec_on_rails and ran the command
ruby script/generate rspec     ==>>> Does this script work right?
from the instructions   http://rspec.info/documentation/rails/install.html

I then created the directories in spec:
  controllers, fixtures, helpers, models, views

I then created the file spec/models/user_spec.rb  as a spec for my model User.

Anyhow, my problem:
I run rake spec
and get

/usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:27:in `gem_original_require': no such file to load -- spec/rails (MissingSourceFile)

The file /spec/spec_helper.rb contains the line
require 'spec/rails'

I noticed that the load path does not include vendor/plugins/rspec_on_rails/lib