[rspec-users] mock_model not stubbing model attribtues in view spec

Jarkko Laine jarkko at jlaine.net
Tue May 20 07:32:54 EDT 2008

On 20.5.2008, at 14.26, Ashley Moran wrote:

> On 20 May 2008, at 11:50, Doug Livesey wrote:
>
>> Obviously, the view calls for a number of attributes from the
>> @input_timesheet, but unless I explicitly define these in the
>> mock_model
>> method, I get the following kind of error:
>

> I'm puzzled, I thought you always had to stub methods on a mock from
> mock_model?  I don't remember the default behaviour ever being to
> ignore unknown messages?
>
> Sorry, guess this is not a helpful post, I just wanted to know how
> it behaves for you normally.

mock_model doesn't stub any methods automatically, and it doesn't
matter whether you're in view, model or controller specs. If you need
the attributes and don't want to specify anything by hand, stub_model
might work for you. It basically creates a real AR object, with its db
connections cut.

//jarkko