[rspec-users] Sharing: dont_repeat_yourself plugin custom RSpec matcher

Ashley Moran ashley.moran at patchspace.co.uk
Mon May 19 15:50:59 EDT 2008

On 19 May 2008, at 18:21, 21croissants wrote:

> Ashley, I ran the DRY reporter on Rails 2.0.2 and you'll find the
> results on
> http://www.21croissants.com/files/rails_2_0_2_DRY_report.html

Wow, that's really interesting.  Some things are trivial mini-methods,
eg "def to_param; to_s; end".  But there are some huge chunks of
complex logic in there!

I wonder how so much duplication got in there, and if some of it is

> I have done a lot of refactoring lately (but did not changed the
> external
> API) and will commit my code soon ...

Cool.  Is it still a Rails plugin or can you run it on standalone
code?  It'd make a great gem with a binary.

Be sure to post when you commit!