[rspec-users] user stories for load testing?

Rick Lee-Morlang rick.lee-morlang at justleapin.com
Tue May 13 19:48:07 EDT 2008

Hi all,

We've recently been kicking around different ideas for simulating user
behaviour for the purposes of load testing our backend. We hit on the
idea of having user stories do double duty for both verifying behaviour
and (if selected stories were driven en-masse by a distributed network
of clients) for application load testing.

I googled around a bit and didn't find anything relevant. Anyone have
any thoughts/pointers as to the usefulness and feasibility of this
approach, or does anyone have any pointers to complementary
tools/plugins? I was imagining something like webrat-over-HTTP and a drb
wrapper.

Thanks,
Rick