[rspec-users] Rspec 1.1.3 +ZenTest 3.9.1= rspec tests not found

sinclair bain rspec.user at gmail.com
Tue May 13 13:24:00 EDT 2008

Hi,
I have just been having the same problem on windows using autotest and/or
rspec_autotest
I have successfully moved to rspec and rspec on rails 1.1.3  ZenTest 3.9.2

So if you were on windows the fix in case you still may need it is here
http://rspec.lighthouseapp.com/projects/5645/tickets/80-15670-win32-autotest-colour-script-rspec-win32console-no-output
> gem update win32console
add a require 'win32console' to the .autotest in your rails app root
and you can (re-)enable --colour in your spec/spec.opts file (the cause of
the problem)

I was having a similar problem on mac leopard but this was using
rspec_autotest but
i just ditched it and moved to autotest (and today rspactor ).

hth

sinclair

On Fri, Feb 8, 2008 at 6:46 PM, Terry Shuttleworth <lists at ruby-forum.com>
wrote:

> Hi there
>
> Have upgraded to Rspec 1.1.3 and ZenTest 3.9.1 and have --force
> re-installed rspec plugin in the relevant place, but am getting the
> following when I run rake spec:autotest
>
> spec --diff unified test/test_helper.rb
>
> and not
>
> spec --diff unified <humungous list of lovingly crafted rspec tests>
>
> Have tried looking in the plugin codes and in the ZenTest gem code, but
> I can't find what I need to change to get it to look for my rspec tests
> rather than look at test/test_helper.rb
>
> Have spent the past couple of hours googling around to find an answer,
> but to no avail.
>
> Can anyone please point me in the right direction ?
>
> Thanks in advance !
>
> Terry
>
> (I know about the "script/spec" edit that I have to make so that the
> "spec --diff unified" command works. Have reinstalled rspec this so many
> times tonight that I can't remember if I did it in the last
> incarnation!)
> --

Cheers!
sinclair