[rspec-users] Rspec Stories / Selenium Nightmare

aslak hellesoy aslak.hellesoy at gmail.com
Fri May 9 14:26:14 EDT 2008

I have just git-svn'ed the code that was formerly in
http://rubyforge.org/projects/rspec-ext to GitHub:

(rspec-distributed and rspec-ui)

I haven't maintained these in a while, so they might be a little
broken. Hopefully someone will clone and improve them.

FYI: The rspec-ui code was written prior to the story framework. Now
that the story framework exists, UI extensions should IMO be against
the story framework - not the RSpec example framework (describe/it).
You'll also see that I'm working on an experimental reimplementation
of the story framework, based on the excellent Treetop parser
generator. The goal of this framework is:

* Stories that are easier to run (separate command line - no need to
write all.rb files)
* Rake task
* Ability to run just one story (a --line switch)
* Before and After blocks
* i18n
* Nice backtraces that go all the way back to the plain text .story files
* Less code to maintain
* Easier to hook into for customisations (such as

Plus some other cool things I'll save for laters. A lot of the stuff
above is already implemented. Not a lot of specs for the code itself -
I've been driving it mostly by running sample stories. Don't shoot me.