[rspec-users] BDD/Rails/Shoulda

Scott Taylor mailing_lists at railsnewbie.com
Sat May 3 17:01:51 EDT 2008

On May 3, 2008, at 11:07 AM, John D. Hume wrote:

> Even when working test/spec-first, when I'm pairing with someone who
> isn't experienced working that way, I find myself constantly saying
> "I'm pretty sure we don't need that yet."  (I've just written the
> spec my pair is trying to get passing, so I know how little code we
> need.)  If it happens then, it will certainly happen when that same
> developer is uncommenting code already written.
>
> Out of curiosity, Ashley, what size team are you working with where
> you don't see this problem?
> -hume.

I remember a joke that Aslak mentioned a while back ago on this list:
He had a friend (or co-worker) who wanted to write a tool which would
delete every line of code which didn't get covered with rcov.  I found
that remark funny because Aslak didn't know if his co-worker was
joking or not.

Now that I think about it more, it probably wouldn't be a bad idea to
have such a tool like this, even if it was just for didactic purposes.

Scott