[rspec-users] BDD/Rails/Shoulda

Ashley Moran ashley.moran at patchspace.co.uk
Fri May 2 12:06:34 EDT 2008

On 2 May 2008, at 06:13, Tero Tilus wrote:

> I can well imagine how you may end up not getting all the advantages
> of BDD thru uncommenting process when you compare to clean BDD.  But
> uncommenting is definitely better than writing spec on top of existing
> code, which in turn is _way_ better than not writing spec at all.

Perhaps "uncommenting" is a bad description.  What I do is write specs
for the behaviour I want, and see what bits of the code (if any) do
that.  (Which will obviously be pretty similar to the what it does
anyway.)  What I *don't* do is pick a line of code and write a spec
for it so I can uncomment it.  I guess that's how you would run into