[rspec-users] BDD/Rails/Shoulda

Tero Tilus tero at tilus.net
Fri May 2 01:13:52 EDT 2008

2008-04-30 15:51, Ashley Moran:
> about a month ago I was working on someone else's code and followed
> this process of uncommenting code as I wrote the specs for it (there
> were none for that class).  I actually *removed* the 'if
> this_condition and that_condition' part of a line that follows the
> pattern you gave above.

Maybe the fact that the code was not yours makes a difference here?
Dunnot, but I'd expect it to.

> I don't see how you could end up with redundant code following this
> process.

I can well imagine how you may end up not getting all the advantages
of BDD thru uncommenting process when you compare to clean BDD.  But
uncommenting is definitely better than writing spec on top of existing
code, which in turn is _way_ better than not writing spec at all.

> Maybe it's because I am blanking out what the code says when I write
> the specs?

Lucky you if you are able to do that.  I've noticed I'm not.

--
Tero Tilus ## 050 3635 235 ## http://www.tilus.net/koti/tero/