[rspec-users] Sharing: dont_repeat_yourself plugin custom RSpec matcher

21croissants address4spams at 21croissants.com
Thu May 1 11:00:27 EDT 2008

thanks for your feedback Ashley.

You're right and one of my next action will be to create a gem so it can be
use in any ruby project, I will keep the Rails plugin of course.

At the moment, you can write :

require ... specific your location ... +

dry_reporter = DontRepeatYourself::Reporter.new

It will generate the report (HTML, Textmate) in a file called
DRY_report.html at the root folder of your rails app.

I reckon this is not very handy - you need to create a Rails project and
install the plugin - but it will soon improve!