[rspec-users] Mocking MiddleMan

s.ross cwdinfo at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 16:16:25 EDT 2008

On Jun 23, 2008, at 6:54 PM, Pat Maddox wrote:

>> From what I remember, the problem is that backgroundrb starts some
> stuff as soon as you reference MiddleMan.  So even though you're
> stubbing the call to actually perform work, there's some other stuff
> that goes on behind the scenes before you're even at that point.

Right. That was it. I used your workaround, but Shane's seems sensible
to try because we're currently using an older version of backgroundrb
(one dev is on Windows and there are apparently no binaries available
for the current version). If Shane's solution works, it should future-
proof us a bit because I won't have to modify the plugin's init.rb.

Thanks to both of you!