[rspec-users] Mocking MiddleMan

s.ross cwdinfo at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 14:08:38 EDT 2008

I'm trying to verify (using expectations) that a backgroundrb job is
being started. I ran across this thread: http://rubyforge.org/pipermail/rspec-users/2007-October/004115.html
, in which Pat Maddox conditionally loads backgroundrb. However, I
don't see why the original construct that started the thread doesn't

What I'm observing is a failure connecting to dRuby, which makes sense
if MiddleMan is not mocked but (to me) does not make sense when it is

I'd prefer not to change the actual init code for the plugin as Pat

What am I missing about how this expectation should work?