[rspec-users] render_to_string confusing ControllerSpec

Andrew Selder aselder at mac.com
Mon Jun 16 15:58:47 EDT 2008

Hi all,

I have a controller I'm trying to spec out, and I'm running into some
issues with render_to_string.

Basically, the show gets an array of objects, calls render_to_string
for each of them, and then renders the show template.

So I have the standard spec:

     it "should render show template" do
       response.should render_template('show')

but when I run the spec I get the following failure:

'SearchesController handling GET /searches/1 should render show
template' FAILED
expected "show", got "properties/_map_info_box"

Does anybody have any ideas?