[rspec-users] RSpec story failing because of routing error on "/"

David Chelimsky dchelimsky at gmail.com
Sun Jun 15 09:09:12 EDT 2008

On Jun 15, 2008, at 4:33 AM, Danny Sofer wrote:

> Greetings!
>
> Here's the problem.
>
> When running tests on the restful_authentication plugin, I am
> getting a routing error on "/".
>
> Which I don't really understand, because the route "/" certainly
> does exist as I can confirm when I run ./script/server and point my
> browser at http://localhost:3000/

Actually, that route does NOT exist. You're seeing something because
there is an index.html file in public, not because Rails routing is
getting you there.

Add an explicit root mapping to the appropriate controller and you'll
get past this. Looks like there are more problems ahead, but they seem
to be in restful_authentication.

Cheers,
David