[rspec-users] RSpec story failing because of routing error on "/"

Danny Sofer d at sofer.com
Sun Jun 15 05:33:54 EDT 2008

Greetings!

Here's the problem.

When running tests on the restful_authentication plugin, I am getting
a routing error on "/".

Which I don't really understand, because the route "/" certainly does
exist as I can confirm when I run ./script/server and point my browser
at http://localhost:3000/

Here is an example of the error I am getting when I run "ruby stories/
rest_auth_stories.rb":

Scenario: Anonymous user can get a login form.

     Given an anonymous user (FAILED)

     When she goes to /login

     Then she should be at the new sessions page
     And the page should look AWESOME (SKIPPED)
     And she should see a <form> containing a textfield: Login,
password: Password, and submit: 'Log in'

<snip/>

FAILURES:
     1) Creating an account (Anonymous user can start creating an
account) FAILED
     ActionController::RoutingError: No route matches "/" with
{:method=>:get}
     ./stories/steps/user_steps.rb:104:in `log_out!'
./stories/steps/user_steps.rb:12:in `an anonymous user'
stories/rest_auth_stories.rb:17

<snip/>

I am running:

Rails: 2.1.0
RSpec-1.1.4

And this is a completely fresh install with no code added by me.

Here are the steps to replicate (from my app root):

git clone git://github.com/rails/rails.git vendor/rails
git clone git://github.com/dchelimsky/rspec.git vendor/plugins/rspec
git clone git://github.com/dchelimsky/rspec-rails.git vendor/plugins/
rspec-rails
git clone git://github.com/technoweenie/restful-authentication.git
vendor/plugins/restful-authentication

./script/generate rspec
./script/generate authenticated user sessions

mate app/controllers (and added " include AuthenticatedSystem" to the
application controller)

rake db:migrate
rake db:test:prepare

ruby stories/rest_auth_stories.rb