[rspec-users] Not running correct specs under autotest:

Matt Mower self at mattmower.com
Wed Jun 4 09:44:08 EDT 2008

On Wed, Jun 4, 2008 at 2:18 PM, David Chelimsky <dchelimsky at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Jun 4, 2008, at 8:15 AM, Matt Mower wrote:
>
>> I know this isn't autotest-users but I'm not sure where else to bring this
>> up:
>>
>> [["app/controllers/contents_controller.rb", Wed Jun 04 14:11:03 +0100
>> 2008]]
>> [["app/controllers/contents_controller.rb", Wed Jun 04 14:11:03 +0100
>> 2008]]
>> /System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/1.8/usr/bin/ruby -S
>> script/spec -O spec/spec.opts  spec/models/user_spec.rb
>>
>> I had saved 'contents_controller.rb' but it did not decide to re-run
>> the 'contents_controller_spec.rb' only 'user_spec.rb' (which has a
>> failing spec so is probably held over from the previous runs). If I
>> ctrl+c to run all specs it runs the controller spec again. If I resave
>> the controller the change is again detected but the spec is not run.
>>
>> I'm using Rails 2.1, edge rspec & rspec-rails, and ZenTest 3.9.2
>>
>> Anyone else seen this?
>
> This just got fixed a few hours ago. Grab the latest from
> git://github.com/dchelimsky/rspec.git.

Your last fix does seem to have fixed the problem of getting
ActiveRecord::Base not found, etc... which was due to autotest running
the controller or model as a spec.

This problem is different, it's reporting that the controller has
changed *but not running the associated spec*.

Hope that helps.

Matt.

--
Matt Mower :: http://matt.blogs.it/