[rspec-users] != again

Matthias Hennemeyer mhennemeyer at googlemail.com
Wed Jun 4 08:04:10 EDT 2008

Am 02.06.2008 um 20:01 schrieb Pat Maddox:

> What about showing an ugly warning in the test runner?  != is a funky
> edge case that can really bite people.  It'd be nice to have it fixed,
> but then tell the programmer to change it to == because of
> performance.
>
> Pat

The performance is much better now - but that warning thing is
interesting.
I think people should be able to decide if they use != or not and
there should be an option that, when applied, turns out warnings and
enables 'negative operator expectations'.

One more word on performance: It is possible to see the difference in
performance of both
versions (with source inspect and without).
But only if you run benchmarks that are exclusivley designed for this
purpose.
Running the rspec spec suite for both versions doesn't show any
difference.

Matthias