[rspec-users] Anyone seen weird autotest behaviour on trunk?

Hans de Graaff hans at degraaff.org
Wed Jun 4 01:26:15 EDT 2008

On Tue, 2008-04-01 at 08:48 +0100, Ashley Moran wrote:

> Hmm, exact same revision as me.  Are we the only one s having
> problems?  I've also noticed errors along the lines of
> "ActionController not found" and "expected XXX to respond to
> respond_to?" (or something - that from the developer that sits behind
> me).

We are seeing the exact same thing with Zentest 3.9.2 and RSpec 1.1.4.
The thing I noticed yesterday is that autotest seems to want to run the
model or controller directly instead of the spec file, just like in
Ashley's original mail. Obviously this leads to an error because that
doesn't load spec_helper which in turn doesn't load the rails framework.
Presto: ActiveRecord has not been initialized.

The real question is: why is autotest running specs with the wrong
names? Did anyone resolve this yet?

Kind regards,