[rspec-users] autotest only passing spec files to rspec once

Hans de Graaff hans at degraaff.org
Wed Jun 4 01:18:03 EDT 2008

On Fri, 2008-04-11 at 17:16 +0200, Andy Orahood wrote:
> When I run autotest it works fine the first time, generating the command
> line:
>
> /usr/bin/ruby1.8 -S script/spec -O spec/spec.opts
> spec/models/timespan_spec.rb spec/models/article_spec.rb ... <rest of my
> spec files>
>
> and all my specs get run. After the first runthrough, however, autotest
> pauses for a second and then, without me saving any files, generates
> another command line without any of the spec files:
>
> /usr/bin/ruby1.8 -S script/spec -O spec/spec.opts

This happens because a file got saved that did not match a pattern that
autotest can handle. It may even be your test.log. Run 'autotest -v' to
see what is really going on and add_exception in the autotest initialize
hook to avoid checking those files.

Arguably autotest shouldn't even do this empty run when it doesn't find
any matching files.

Kind regards,

Hans