[rspec-users] controller filters running twice in 1.1.4?

Matt McNeil nabble at mattmcneil.org
Tue Jun 3 20:31:03 EDT 2008

since upgrading to 1.1.4 (I had been running without issue on a git
snapshot), I'm noticing that my filter actions initiated from application.rb
seem to be running twice.  I created a test rails project with the rspec
scaffold and am also seeing the same behavior here too.

Adding this code to application.rb:

  before_filter :foo

  def foo
    "foo"
  end

and an example in users_controller_spec.rb:

    it "should call foo via a before filter" do
      controller.should_receive(:foo)
      do_get
    end

results in this:

1)
Spec::Mocks::MockExpectationError in 'UsersController handling GET
/users.xml should call foo'
Mock 'UsersController' expected :foo with (any args) once, but received it
twice
script/spec:4:

Is any one else seeing this?

Thanks,