[rspec-users] Cannot log in/authenticate within RSpec Story

Ben Men lists at ruby-forum.com
Mon Jun 2 19:54:51 EDT 2008

Ben Mabey wrote:

> I don't have time to parse your entire post or send a lengthy reply.
> However, this blog post walks through how to do exactly what you are
> attempting:
> >http://www.glennfu.com/2008/03/31/easy-plaintext-stories-in-ruby-on-rails-using-webrat/

I wrote the login "Given" clause using Webrat and now the tests are
working, though it does feel like a workaround rather than a solution.
I've read over your Webrat post, as well as the linked article, and am
happy using Webrat in the manner you've written about, though I'd still
like to know why the session variables weren't set upon trying to read
them later when not using Webrat..