[rspec-users] Autotest quits when code has errors

Mark Wilden mark.wilden at gmail.com
Mon Jul 28 20:28:43 EDT 2008

On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 4:58 PM, Anthony Broad-Crawford <
abroad-crawford at within3.com> wrote:

> Try rspactor.  I have been using since the author pinged this list several
> months ago.  No complaints thus far.  To your point, it doesn't bomb when
> there is an error.

I use rspactor these days, too. A couple of things should be noted, however:

1) It's Mac-only.

2) It makes debugging rather painful if you run the debugger during
rspactor's execution. I think this might be because it's polling for the
Enter key instead of being signalled by ^C (autotest works the other way
around!). This has the effect of swallowing some keystrokes while you're in
the debugger, which can be very irritating. The solution of course is either
to 1) debug directly from script/spec, or 2) don't use the debugger. :)