[rspec-users] Autotest quits when code has errors

Evan Dorn lists at ruby-forum.com
Mon Jul 28 18:10:48 EDT 2008

Sorry, I'd put this in a ZenTest forum (as opposed to RSpec), except
that I can't find one.

I find it frustrating that autotest keeps running when it finds failing
tests - but it quits back to the command line whenever a test or code
contains *errors*.

This means I have to constantly (like every 5 minutes) restart autotest
by hand, which kind of defeats the purpose of autotest, and I find it
hard to believe this is the default behavior.

If I want to do TDD/BDD and call methods before they exist, this causes
autotest to quit, which REALLY defeats the purpose.

Am I doing something wrong, or is there a fix?   I'm using ZenTest 3.10
with RSpec 1.1.5.

Thanks!