[rspec-users] Capistrano: after_deploy system specs?

john eagerwombat at gmail.com
Sun Jul 27 15:52:59 EDT 2008

Hi everyone,
I was curious if anyone out there had any examples or advice for running
specs on system status.
I would like to analyze unix utilities such as ps -aux|grep dispatch,
uptime, top (ruby processes), proper log activity, etc. Write now I
frantically scramble through these on the command to make sure everything's
okay and a rollback isn't in order.

So far I've only found one writing about the subject:
http://www.vaporbase.com/postings/Running_rspec_after_you_deploy

This artcle (very cool) has his post deploy rspec results outputted to the
server in question as HTML, so a few minutes after the deploy he just visits
the web page.

Thanks in advance
John