[rspec-users] Rspec - stubbing same class multiple times with different co

Ry An lists at ruby-forum.com
Tue Jul 22 22:37:28 EDT 2008

Im having a hard time with a rspec controller test im writting, I need
to stub! the User.find call twice once to return the owning user and
once to return the viewing user. however when I attempt

User.stub!(:find).with(1).and_return(@user)
User.stub!(:find).with(2).and_return(@user2)

the second call returns
undefined local variable or method `find' for #<Class:0x7faf42964d00>

I've managed to replicate the behavior outside of this specific test and
I know the code works as I can test it manually.

Any ideas as to why this is not working? or better still how to get it
working.

Thanks for the help in advance