[rspec-users] Failing on rake but not on textmate (rails)

Macario Ortega lists at ruby-forum.com
Tue Jul 22 13:56:02 EDT 2008

Mark Wilden wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 4:33 PM, Macario Ortega <lists at ruby-forum.com>
> wrote:
>

>> I have a spec for a model that passes all tests if I run it using
>> textmate but I run rake some of the otherwise passed tests fail.
>>

> AFAIK, the main difference is that rake copies the development db
> structure
> to the test db, whereas TextMate does not (and runs faster as a result).
> don't know if that explains the behavior you're seeing.
>

>> I would like to use autotest but I can't trust the results.
>>

> autotest also does not copy the database structure. I've been using it
> for
> six months and I've never noticed a problem with it. Why don't you trust
> it?
>
> ///ark

Well I don't trust autotest because the same tests pass when i run them
from textmate and they fail when I run autotest.

The dubbious specs are all for a specific model but some of them are
very basic such as testing validates_presence_of in which the model code
is obviously good and yet the spec fails on rake or autotest.

So I've been running my specs just on textmate but I would like to use
autotest too.