[rspec-users] Failing on rake but not on textmate (rails)

Mark Wilden mark.wilden at gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 20:34:43 EDT 2008

On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 4:33 PM, Macario Ortega <lists at ruby-forum.com>
wrote:

> I have a spec for a model that passes all tests if I run it using
> textmate but I run rake some of the otherwise passed tests fail.

AFAIK, the main difference is that rake copies the development db structure
to the test db, whereas TextMate does not (and runs faster as a result). I
don't know if that explains the behavior you're seeing.

> I would like to use autotest but I can't trust the results.

autotest also does not copy the database structure. I've been using it for
six months and I've never noticed a problem with it. Why don't you trust it?

///ark