[rspec-users] How to run specs AND tests with autotest

David Chelimsky dchelimsky at gmail.com
Fri Jul 18 08:49:26 EDT 2008

On Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 5:56 AM, David Salgado <david at digitalronin.com> wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I'm using test/unit on a project, at the client's insistence, but I'm
> also using rspec stories for integration testing. I notice that as
> soon as I install rspec and rspec-rails plugins, autotest no longer
> finds my test/unit tests - it just runs specs. Is there a way to make
> autotest run *both* specs and test/unit tests?
>
> I've had a look at the autotest code, and it looks as if it should be
> possible to do this with clever use of discover.rb files. But,
> unfortunately, I'm not clever enough to figure out how!
>
> FYI, ZenTest is version 3.10.0, Rails is 2.1.0, rspec and rspec-rails
> are git clones from the github repo as at 2008-07-03.

Any chance you have an rspec gem installed too? If so and you don't
need it, get rid of it. If so and you do need it, grab the latest
rspec/rspec-rails plugins and cd into the rspec directory and do this:

rake gem
rake install_gem

That'll get you a gem based on the latest code which does not
interfere w/ the autotest command at all (we added an autospec command
for running specs).

Cheers,
David