[rspec-users] Profiling specs

Jonathan Leighton j at jonathanleighton.com
Tue Jul 15 09:50:12 EDT 2008

On Tue, 2008-07-15 at 13:40 +0200, Piotr Wlodarek wrote:
> Jonathan Leighton wrote:
> > Is there any simple, easy way to profile the running of my specs? It has
> > recently starting being way slower and I want to know why :)
>
> spec --format profile

Thanks, but I was more thinking something that would allow me to run
ruby-prof over the specs - it's not so much a problem that individual
examples are too slow, but more that the specs have somehow become
uniformly slower.

I guess I could try and work out the revision at which it became a
problem but if there was an easy way to profile it that would be
better...

Cheers