[rspec-users] Getting RSpec 1.1.4+ to Work with Autotest (ZenTest 3.10.0) on Windows (Win32)

Luis Lavena luislavena at gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 08:41:17 EDT 2008

On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 2:03 PM, David Chelimsky <dchelimsky at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 3:16 AM, Luis Lavena <luislavena at gmail.com> wrote:
>> [...]
>> Hmn, really?
>> rspec, commit 5bb989c6a54e325198e180ef3d4e59b5bf6eb21c
>> rspec-rails: commit 9a1e10e7b71f7e8e4fb910a9695ee69abec63816
>> http://pastie.org/private/gwgvkbhpbvhvtquslwe6g
> Hmm. Well, it's not supposed to work :) We added autospec specifically
> so that it wouldn't. Check out
> http://rspec.lighthouseapp.com/projects/5645/tickets/394 and
> http://github.com/dchelimsky/rspec/commit/c12b4e0cdcae1309725eeee75ce85110b905f432.
> Any reason that shouldn't work on windows?

Besides because is Windows? ;-)
(just kidding)

There is no specific code there,

This are my .autotest and ~/.autotest contents:

One thing I noticed is that using script/autospec spec modifications
get picked, but after successfully run they do not try to do a full
(try running the whole spec files).

On the other hand, autotest try run the modified specs and *then* run
a full check on all the specs (expected behavior).

This is the output from script/autospec:

Just checked that ENV['RSPEC'] get set using script/autotest (inside .autotest)

puts ENV['RSPEC']

When called from autotest directly, I get:

Dunno if that helps.

I'm using Rails 2.1.0 (from gems), RSpec and RSpec rails latest
commits as plugins and ZenTest 3.10.0

Luis Lavena
disinclination to do so.
Douglas Adams