[rspec-users] Rspec - stubbing same class multiple times with different conditions

tafkamk tafkamk at gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 17:44:07 EDT 2008

Im having a hard time with a rspec controller test im writting, I need to
stub! the User.find call twice once to return the owning user and once to
return the viewing user. however when I attempt

the second call returns
undefined local variable or method `find' for #<Class:0x7faf42964d00>

I've managed to replicate the behavior outside of this specific test and I
know the code works as I can test it manually.

Any ideas as to why this is not working? or better still how to get it

Thanks for the help in advance