[rspec-users] setting request.raw_post with rspec-rails

David Chelimsky dchelimsky at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 21:53:29 EDT 2008

On Jul 9, 2008, at 5:36 PM, Francis Hwang wrote:

> ... is there a way to do this? We have some REST-ish POSTs we'd like
> to spec out. In the controller this gets accessed with
> request.raw_post.to_s, is there a way to set this with rspec?

If you mean you want to set it in an example before the post, you can
do this:

request.stub!(:raw_post).and_return('this string')
post :whatever

Or, if you want to be really detailed about it (I wouldn't, but it's
up to you), you could say:

raw_post = mock('raw_post')
raw_post.should_receive(:to_s).and_return('this string')

That what you're looking for?