[rspec-users] Why has the --color gone from my life?

Bart Zonneveld loop at superinfinite.com
Tue Jul 8 15:09:05 EDT 2008

On 10 jun 2008, at 07:05, Mikel Lindsaar wrote:

> This was fixed up updating to trunk:
>
> 3b76fda..befd422  master     -> origin/master

Looks like I have the same problem now. Created a new rails app
(2.1.0), and using the install instructions on the github wiki, leaves
me with an autotest (ZenTest version 3.10.0) running autotest/rails
instead of autotest/rails_rspec as some of my older projects do.
When I copy vendor/plugins/rspec-rails/lib/autotest/rails_rspec.rb to
~/.autotest, autotest runs with:

/opt/local/bin/ruby -I.:lib:test -rtest/unit -e "%w[spec/controllers/
foos_routing_spec.rb spec/views/foos/index.html.erb_spec.rb spec/
helpers/foos_helper_spec.rb spec/models/foo_spec.rb spec/views/foos/
new.html.erb_spec.rb spec/views/foos/show.html.erb_spec.rb spec/views/
foos/edit.html.erb_spec.rb spec/controllers/
foos_controller_spec.rb].each { |f| require f }" | unit_diff -u

giving me grey specs.

So, without an .autotest, nothing at all happens. Running autotest -v
gives, among all the .git files even Dunno! app/controllers/
application.rb!
With rspec-rails' autotest, it runs with -r test/unit.

Weird stuff, hopefully someone makes sense of this al.
bartz