[rspec-users] is there a plain format output for stories?

Ben Mabey ben at benmabey.com
Tue Jul 8 11:11:29 EDT 2008

Jim Morris wrote:
> When running a lot of stories from a script it would be nice to have
> the plain format of dots rather than the verbose story descriptions.
>
> Is there a way to do this? I tried -f p but it ignored it.
>
> Thanks

AFAIK there is currently no such formatter.  Such a formatter would be
easy to make though and you can pass in the formatter you want to use on
the command line (even custom classes that you create.)  To get an idea
of how to do it you can look at the rspec source code in
lib/spec/runner/formatter.  The formatter for the examples can be found
there and the story formatter's are in the story subdir.

-Ben