[rspec-users] Does RSpec work nicely with UUID primary keys?

John Knox lists at ruby-forum.com
Sat Jul 5 11:37:50 EDT 2008

David Chelimsky wrote:
> What happens when you run the generated examples?

My code uses single table inheritance (STI) and a MySQL database, so I
thought it best to create some new simple projects with a single model.

(1) I created a new project using SQLite with a single model.  All 58
auto-generated specifications ran successfully.

(2) I created a new single-model project using SQLite but added a UUID
primary key.  All 58 auto-generated specifications ran successfully.

(3) I created a new project using MySQL with a single model.  Again, all
58 auto-generated specifications ran successfully.

(4) (2) I created a new single-model project using MySQL but added a
UUID primary key.  All 58 auto-generated specifications ran
successfully.

Hmm.  So, it's not the UUIDs that are causing problems with my
application... but perhaps single table inheritance.  Will do more tests
and post again when I've better defined the problem.

Sorry for the confusion, Dave, but perhaps this will help somebody else
searching the list.

And Steve, will look into your suggestions for fixtures.  Thanks very
much.