[rspec-users] Does RSpec work nicely with UUID primary keys?

John Knox lists at ruby-forum.com
Sat Jul 5 10:03:58 EDT 2008

I have my application happily generating UUID primary keys using the
uuidtools gem.

But the auto-generated specifications created by "script/generate
rspec_scaffold...", etc, assume that one is using a sequential integer
primary key.

For those who have hit this same issue, is it just a matter of rewriting
the auto-generated specifications to take this into account, or does one
have to dig into the code of rspec because this assumptions is hardwired
in?

Thanks in advance.