[rspec-users] auto-generated descriptions

Avdi Grimm avdi at avdi.org
Fri Jul 4 20:36:13 EDT 2008

On Fri, Jul 4, 2008 at 4:45 PM, David Chelimsky <dchelimsky at gmail.com> wrote:
> So - how bad do you think this would suck to remove that feature? Are you
> using it yourself?

Personally, I *love* this feature, and would not like to see it go.
One of my heuristics for a good spec is that it either a) has a clear
spec doc string; or b) auto-formats to a clearly understandable doc
string.  I run spec -fs periodically to verify this.  The fact that I
can I can write a sizable subset of my specs in a very DRY way thanks
to the auto-formatting feature is one of my favorite little perks of
using RSpec.

Home: http://avdi.org
Twitter: http://twitter.com/avdi
Journal: http://avdi.livejournal.com