[rspec-users] unable to access flash from rails helper spec since upgrade to 1.1.4

Jim Morris ml at e4net.com
Thu Jul 3 02:29:53 EDT 2008

Hi David,

Thanks that worked, and fixed that problem.

Now I have run into another problem, from the same blog example (which I'll update once I get it all
to work).

Within the application helper I call haml_tag, which works fine when the app runs. (used to be
called open).

However when I try to test that helper in my helper spec I get...

NoMethodError in 'ApplicationHelper should display flash'
undefined method `haml_tag' for #<Spec::Rails::Example::HelperExampleGroup::HelperObject:0xb71ced20>

For some reason it doesn't know anything about haml when run from the spec.

I guess I need to inject a require haml or something into the HelperObject? I just don't know how to
do that.

I am using the latest version of HAML but I am still using rails 1.2.6

Any ideas?