[rspec-users] matchers not working...?

David Chelimsky dchelimsky at gmail.com
Tue Jul 1 16:57:38 EDT 2008

On Jul 1, 2008, at 3:48 PM, Ivor Paul wrote:

> I am getting errors that seem to be the matchers not working -
> example:
> vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/../../activesupport/lib/active_support/
> dependencies.rb:478:in
> `const_missing': uninitialized constant
> Spec::Rails::Example::ModelExampleGroup::Be_nil
> I have seen the same error with other matchers like be_valid etc.

Does the code say Be_nil instead of be_nil?

> Does anyone have an idea what could be causing this?

How are you invoking rspec? With rake? ruby? script/spec? or autotest?

> I am using the rspec and rspec_on_rails plugins. Pretty much the
> latest versions. Rails 2.0.2

With the 1.1.4 release we changed rspec_on_rails to rspec-rails, so
I'm guessing you have the latest code that's still in subversion at
rubyforge, but not the latest from github.

Would you mind giving the code from github a shot? Install
instructions can be found at http://github.com/dchelimsky/rspec-rails/wikis/home