[rspec-users] DRb does not activate using options file

Luis Lavena luislavena at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 19:43:11 EST 2008

Hello List,

For a small project I've been using 'ruby script/spec -X spec' to
execute my specs.

Now that I added ZenTest on it, found that the test takes longer to
run due the complete load of test environment.

Since autotest uses 'script/spec -O spec/spec.opts' as the command, I
decided to add --drb to spec.opts

Using --drb or -X, spec_server is just ignored and environment get
loaded locally.

Trying to pinpoint the problem, it seems that using -O don't
handle/load set --drb, but when you put all the options in the command
line, works as expected.

Couldn't find anything besides this (rspec/lib/spec/runner/option_parser.rb:111)

on(*OPTIONS[:drb]) {}

Maybe I'm missing something, did anyone get it working?

Thanks in advance,
Luis Lavena
Multimedia systems
A common mistake that people make when trying to design
something completely foolproof is to underestimate
the ingenuity of complete fools.
Douglas Adams