[rspec-users] Rspec 1.1.2 on Windows

Luis Lavena luislavena at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 08:39:49 EST 2008

On Jan 22, 2008 2:58 PM, BenFyvie <ben.fyvie at champsoftware.com> wrote:

> Thanks for your quick response Luis!
>
> I've actually gone to the extent of creating a brand spankin new rails
> project, installed the plugins, ran the bootstrap, created a simple table
> with a simple test and I get the same problem.  Anything else you can think
> to try?

Ben, will be helpful if you provide information about versions of
every part you're using:

- Ruby version (ruby -v) One-Click Installer?
- RubyGems version (gem -v) (0.9.4, 1.0.1)?
- Rails gem version (rails -v)
- How you installed RSpec and RSpec On Rails (as plugins, using
CURRENT or what REL)?
- Is the win32console gem installed?
- The exact command you used to run the specs (rake spec, script/spec,
or just spec).

Also, please read my comments on this ticket:

http://rspec.lighthouseapp.com/projects/5645/tickets/244-no-coloured-output-on-windows-due-missing-rubyopt

If you have RubyGems 0.9.5, please update to 1.0.1 or revert to 0.9.4,
since that specific version is broken for Windows, as I commented
there and linked to my blog:

http://blog.mmediasys.com/2007/12/19/latest-rubygems-and-rails-is-a-deadly-combo/

HTH,
--