[rspec-users] Changing rspec directory structure

Corey Haines coreyhaines at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 07:58:39 EST 2008

David just posted about the new --patterns option in the trunk. His examples
don't include changing the directory structure, but I would think that it
would allow that. If not, that would be a good patch.

http://blog.davidchelimsky.net/articles/2008/01/20/rspec-new-pattern-option

-Corey

On Jan 23, 2008 3:12 AM, Will Sargent <will.sargent at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'd like to change the rspec directory structure from
>
> /spec
>   /model
>   /controllers
>  etc

> /spec
>   /unit
>     /models
>     /controllers
>     /lib
>  /functional
>     /models
>     /controllers
>
> etc.
>
> Basically the Jay Fields style of testing -- I want the unit tests to
> be run all the time on a continuous integration server, but the
> integration/functional and system tests to be run only once a night.
>
> How do I break out the rspec tasks so that they cover this heirarchy?
> It looks like they'll take a pattern, but I don't want to have to
> redefine every rake task just to specify this.
>
> Also, anyone know how hard this would be to maintain?  Or if there's
> an easier way to organize this?
>
> Will.

http://www.coreyhaines.com
The Internet's Premiere source of information about Corey Haines