[rspec-users] Changing rspec directory structure

Will Sargent will.sargent at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 03:12:41 EST 2008

I'd like to change the rspec directory structure from

/spec
   /model
   /controllers
  etc

/spec
   /unit
     /models
     /controllers
     /lib
  /functional
     /models
     /controllers

etc.

Basically the Jay Fields style of testing -- I want the unit tests to
be run all the time on a continuous integration server, but the
integration/functional and system tests to be run only once a night.

How do I break out the rspec tasks so that they cover this heirarchy?
It looks like they'll take a pattern, but I don't want to have to
redefine every rake task just to specify this.

Also, anyone know how hard this would be to maintain?  Or if there's
an easier way to organize this?

Will.