[rspec-users] integrate_views is not executing my views

Ze No lists at ruby-forum.com
Wed Jan 23 02:17:23 EST 2008

I wanted to use "integrate_views" as Ryan explains in his RailsCast #71
(http://railscasts.com/episodes/71)

...but I can't get it to work: the view code in not executed

I looked everywhere but I can't understand what I am doing wrong.
Here is what I did:
I created a new application from scratch (Rails 2.0.2), added rspec and
rspec_on_rails plugins, and run
script/generate rspec_scaffold User name:string

This is my users_controller spec:

describe UsersController do
  fixtures :users
  integrate_views

  describe "handling GET /users" do
    it "should be successful" do
      get :index
      response.should be_success

I then added something wrong (on purpose) in index.html.erb  (<% WRONG
%>) so that when I visit /users I get a view error (undefined local
variable or method....)

But when I run the spec everything is ok and the test does NOT fail :-(
I can even trash the index.html.erb file and the test still passes