[rspec-users] Spam Protection

David Richards rspec at showcase60.com
Fri Jan 18 13:03:43 EST 2008

I was disgruntled with the amount of spam I was getting, so I started
setting up accounts for the various mailing lists I listen to.  I use
rspec at showcase60.com to read the mail here.  Along with the rspec
news that comes over this channel, I'm getting more and more spam
addressed to this same account, which means that the open way this
list passes around email addresses is being read or fed to spammers.

I suggest we rethink our mailing lists so that we're not also
subjecting RSpec enthusiasts with tips on various medical
enhancements and financial products.  Maybe we should use a Google
group instead, where they don't broadcast email addresses in open
formats with their services.  Maybe someone else has a better idea
about this.

David