[rspec-users] testing modules

Neil M. Young ermok at tiscali.co.uk
Fri Jan 11 15:57:44 EST 2008

I've developed a module to include in ActiveRecord derived classes. Can I
test the module without having to tie it to a particular class? atm, I'm
including it in my User class and writing the tests in user_spec.rb, but I
don't like the idea of tying the module tests to those of the class.

I may extract the specs to a shared description and include that in the
specs for each model which uses the module. is that the right way to do it?

I'd appreciate any thoughts or suggestions
neil