[rspec-users] Role of stories vs specs, revisited

Scott Taylor mailing_lists at railsnewbie.com
Sat Jan 12 17:47:52 EST 2008

On Jan 12, 2008, at 3:33 PM, Ben Mabey wrote:

> Jay Donnell wrote:
>> Does anyone know of any open source ruby apps (preferably rails)
>> that use good BDD so I can see how it's done right rather than ask
>> a bunch of questions?
> Hmm.. I don't know of any rails apps that are open source that you
> could
> look at.. But I know datamapper (http://www.datamapper.org/) is using
> rspec.  Also, be sure to look at rspec's code if you haven't
> already.  I
> have learned a great deal by looking over its use of itself. :)

Yep.  Merb, too, as well as Rubinius, which uses "mspec" - a scaled
down version of rspec.  Plus - the specs should be pretty easy to
understand, being that they are of ruby itself.

I know Rick Olson has started using rspec - you might want to look at
his plugins.  I also have a few projects out there using rspec:
DatedBackup, and FixtureReplacement, both on rubyforge.

Hope that helps,