[rspec-users] Missing methods

James Deville james.deville at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 20:27:41 EST 2008

We have a custom implementation of the Mother Object idea. It's inside
of a module, basically like this:

module Factory
	%w(account friendship person invitation message asset email_address
birth).each do |klass|
		eval <<-EOF
		def self.create_#{klass}(attributes = {})
			default_attributes = valid_#{klass}_attributes
			#{klass.camelize}.create! default_attributes.merge(attributes)
		end
		EOF
	end

	def valid_message_attributes(options = {})
		{
		#some message options
		}
	end

	#more valid_x_attributes methods
end

When I require this file in a spec file, Factory.create_person works
fine. When I try to do it in a step file, Factory.create_person is
defined, but it fails because valid_person_attributes is missing. If
I'm in a debugger, and I do require 'model_factory' followed by
Factory.create_person, same deal.

Do we have a blank slate being loaded somewhere, and why is it wiping
out require files?

Thanks

James Deville
http://devillecompanies.org